THING #23- My Thoughts

Well, my original thoughts which I am posting below wasn't quite on target after my daughter (16 year old) informed me that I what we were doing was so "Stupid" that we should be doing these naturally. That "duh" EVERYONE knows about all of this. So we THINK we are learning to get ahead --- NO- we are learning just to keep slightly behind the new generation. Something tells me we worry way to much about things our kids already know how to do. Example- keyboarding discussion recently. Some are worried our kids can't type. they can type and much much more. We have to learn to teach them ways to integrate this new technology int our old world.
- My original thoughts below

I am always interested in keeping up with the times and technically that is what all of this offered. In todays changing world you have two choices which is to either keep up or catch up. The only other choice is being left way behind altogether. We can't afford to catch up or be left behind as our jobs are kids.

Our kids need us to guide them and it is hard to guide if we are behind them instead of in front of them.

DOWNSIDE- TIME! All of this since it was more self-directed, tended to be on the back burner most of the time. It was time consuming to LEARN new things and then implement them. But the true problem was that my real job kept getting in the way. :) If I had to choose to spend a few minutes on working with one of the 23 things or getting required work done- WELL, that required stuff has to come first and very- very little time left over for OTHER things.

So you have it- the good, bad- and plain relaity of it all! :) But we all like a challeng so - WHAT's NEXT?

No comments: